Monday, July 25, 2011

Sketchcrawl in Venice

The Worldwide Sketchcrawl was this past Saturday, and I decided to participate. I started with my French press coffee maker at the apartment. Then I went to Saint Marks Square and sketched one of the arches.
Next I moved over to have a view of the Dodges Palace and some of the tourists. I left out thousands of them, but it was fun to try and get the poses. I walked over to the Realto Bridge to paint and found a flower stall. Just as I was finishing, they started carting away the flowers. Glad I was not too slow.

Of course I had to do a sketch of the Grand Canal and the gondola, which I probably erased about 50 times. lol

3 comments:

  1. Joan, I love everyone of these delightful painting. You are truly painting a portrait of all the wonderful sites.

    All the best to you,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. DELightful is the word!! !WONDERFUL!!! Are these in a journal too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous sketches and quite honestly, I think they stand alone as nice pieces of art, Joan!

    ReplyDelete