Wednesday, November 9, 2011

House in the Meadow

My plein air group went to a beautiful location in Brookhaven that we've been lucky enough to paint at before. It is a  huge piece of property with reeds and water from the river, a white barn, several other buildings, alpacas, geese, and this wonderful view over the fence to this meadow. I didn't get a chance to paint it the last time, so that was what I was determined to paint yesterday. I thing I used just about everything in that foreground grass...some salt, spattering, resist, dry brush, and lots of layers. I really like the way it came out. This is 7 x 10.


6 comments:

  1. JOAN! JOAN ! JOAN! THAT MEADOW IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANTLY AND BEAUTIFULLY DONE! BRAVA! BRAVA!! BRAVA! AWESOME TEXTURES, COLORS AND INTEREST! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This and the one before are so beautiful. So neat to git out and paint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should be very proud of this one, Joan. I think its a beautiful painting...love the texture with the spattering?? I'm not familiar with this but it works!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And well you should, Joan. Gorgeous work. I find myself wishing I was sitting in the house there, windows open, dry breezes soughing through the field grasses...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lin - I've been dreaming about that meadow since we were there last year. Thanks!

    Rose - I guess I've learned to paint much faster. lol Thank you.

    Jo - Thanks. I'm putting the vineyard in a show today.

    Hilda - Thanks so much.

    Sherry - Thanks. I just worry about the deer ticks. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so beautiful. I love this little house. A great foreground, well done !

    ReplyDelete