Thursday, February 2, 2012

Roast Coffee & Tea Trading Company

My sketch group scheduled a sketching session at Roast Coffee & Tea Trading Company on Main Street in Patchogue last night. We've sketched there before. This time I did a sketch looking out the windows toward the street. This is about 4 x 7 done in my Stillman & Birn journal.
 
We had unseasonably warm temperatures yesterday so in the afternoon I headed over to the Suffolk County Farm to sketch a few of the animals en plein air. Unfortunately each time I started to sketch someone came along to move the animals somewhere else. I did get a few sketches done.
 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful sketches, Joan! Love the colors in the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya just hate when someone moves the animals before you are done with them!

    Nice cafe sketch, and cute faces on the cow and sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great view!!!! It's been almost HOT here, Joan with temps in the high 60s!!! I miss winter!! I know it's wonderfully pleasant -- but where's the snow!!! LOVE the animals! WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful sketches Joan. I really love the ink washed sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilda - Thanks so much!

    Mickey - They have some nerve...didn't they see me there? lol lThanks.

    Lin - Thanks. I know we will feel winter yet.

    Sherry - I like ink pens that bleed. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love reading this article so beautiful!!great job! Medium roast coffee

    ReplyDelete