Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Downtown Athens, Georgia

This past weekend we went down to Athens, GA for my nephew's wedding. Of course I took my sketchbooks. It was hot, but I took my small book out with me when I walked there at 7 before it got too hot. This is a view up College Avenue from right in front of the college.

The second day I sketched the Georgia Theater on Clayton and Lumpkin Streets.

I did the sketches directly in pen for my 75 day challenge and added the color in the comfort of my air conditioned room back at the hotel.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Joan! You sure were brave venture out in such a blistering time of the year! GREAT job on both of these!! CONGRATS to your nephew too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work, Joan! I really love the theater piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lin - Thanks so much!

    Sherry - Thanks. It was the theatre that a lot of popular musical acts got their start.

    ReplyDelete