Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Worldwide Sketchcrawl #36

Saturday was the Worldwide Sketchcrawl and I did it solo again.
I headed over to the farmer's market that takes place in Sayville every Saturday. It isn't big but the booths were pretty colorful.
The first booth sold local veggies and cheese...very yummy!

Across the aisle from me was a vendor selling bread. I made sure not to go too close to that one. lol

Next I found a vendor who was selling veggies and flowers. Of course I had to sketch the sunflowers (done directly in ink first for my challenge) as well as the other bouquets.

By that point I was much too hot, so I headed home and to the pool in our development. I did sketch a few of the kids on the pool steps.



9 comments:

  1. These farmer markets are such great subjects..very colorful. Beautiful details on the vegetable stand!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you participate in the sketch crawls, Joan. I never even hear of them. Love the flower piece especially and I can't see the ink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sketches! I missed the sketchcrawl this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilda - Thanks. I love farmer's markets and farm stands. There is always something to sketch.

    Sherry - Thank you.

    Mickey - The summer ones are hard with the temps being so hot. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were clearly inspired by everything around you. Great sketches to document your day. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great sketches. That farm stand looks like it has some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol - Thanks! It had a lot of good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. super SUPER JOB ON THESE! I don't know how you did it in all that heat -- it's been horribly miserable here -- hot and so humid ... ugh!!! LOVE the tent, the market, the flower pots -- a great job Joan!

    ReplyDelete