Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Sayville Sketches

Last Wednesday the Patchogue Sketch Club met outside Starbucks in Sayville. Luckily we had an umbrella to sit under because it was drizzling on and off and it was much too cold for a May night. We were all bundled up to sketch.

First I sketched the couple at the next table. It didn't look like they were drinking anything, but maybe they had already finished. lol

Once in a while I challenge myself to work directly in paint or ink without any pencil lines. 
I did that for this sketch looking down Main Street...paint first, then ink, then more paint.


3 comments:

  1. Both beautiful, Joan! I love the rich colors on the street sketch, great perspective! Such impressive results without any initial drawing!
    I love the first sketch too, great details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally managed to get on your blog!
    Really enjoyed these sketches and also love the rocky beach in the previous post, it's very well observed.
    I also like the arboretum. Lovely work Joan.
    Hope you've recovered from all those steps. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Celia! Sketching without using pencil first really makes me observe closely.

    Kevin, thanks so much. I'm ready to tackle the steps again. lol

    ReplyDelete