Friday, February 6, 2015

Dino and Sally


We had a very snow morning on Tuesday for our portrait group and a poor turnout. It ended up there was the model, Sally, and me. Dino has posed for us before and I find him a bit difficult to paint. He has a very square face and no character lines. Looking at this on the screen I see I didn't make his shoulders wide enough. Usually he models for college art classes (nude) not for portraits. Maybe his body is more exciting to sketch. lol


When I knew I had to stop putting paint on Deano's portrait I did a quick sketch of Sally sketching Dino. Now her face has character! 


Again if you haven't seen my art presentation the link is here and also at the top of the sidebar.

3 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job on both faces, Joan. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joan - I think your portraits are great. Dino looks very handsome and you are right there is certainly character in Sally's face. I started watching your presentation yesterday and had to stop due to time constraints...want to finish seeing it. My you did a wonderful job and so glad you shared about your childhood and art endeavors. It was nice to see your earlier sketches as well. So will continue to watch more as time permits. Hope you are having a great week-end. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sherry! Welcome back!!!

    Debbie, thank you. Glad you had time to watch some of it.

    ReplyDelete