Sunday, February 22, 2015

Macy's Sketching

Last week I made one of my seasonal trips to look at winter boots (which I never seem to buy anyway) and found myself in Macy's. I am a bargain hunter so unless something is really discounted I don't buy it. lol I've been looking for dress boots, snow boots, and boots to just keep my feet warm. I did find warm boots but they still weren't reduced enough, so I tried them on in Macy's and checked on-line. I found them on clearance in one of the department stores in the south and ordered them for 1/3 of what they were selling here. Yay!! Of course they haven't arrived yet and we had so many days of freezing cold weather when my toes really would have appreciated their furry lining. Hopefully they will arrive at the beginning of this week because it is going to get very cold again.

Anyway after checking out the boots I found that when they renovated this Macy's they tucked a Starbucks in one of the corners. Who knew? One Starbucks counter looks pretty much the same as another so at first I was going to sketch the shoe display that I could see from my table. But then I noticed the red star (Macy's logo) and the mannequins at the entrance to the store...perfect! I sat and sipped and sketched.


6 comments:

  1. Macy's is one of my favorite stores even though I must travel about an hour to get there. Needless-to-say I don't go very often because I don't drive that much anymore. I always found great things there. In fact I have a purple cardigan sweater I got at Macy's about 15 years ago and it still looks great. You can't beat quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun sketch! Glad you found some boots you like -- sorry to hear you still need them! :-(

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sat, sipped, sketched...it doesn't get any better than that. The perspective on the star is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sketch Joan, I recognized the star immediately! A warm place for you to enjoy a hot drink and sketch too, sounds like you had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!!! I love finding indoor sketching opportunities in this weather.

    ReplyDelete