Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wisteria II

I am being drawn to paint wisteria this spring. I had a group show this weekend at the Bayard Cutting Arboretum, so before the reception on Sunday I went back to the manor house and did another painting of part of the porch and the wisteria. This is 5 x 7.


Here is the link to the other painting I did of the wisteria on the other side of the porch. The purples in this one are a bit stronger. Which way do you like better? I may try doing a larger one at home since the wisteria is on the way out.


EDM - May 27 - something fuzzy


3 comments:

  1. The duck and its bright yellow are perfection and oh so cute!! I love the wisteria so close to this old house. What color(s) did you use on the house color itself. In my monitor it is a gorgeous brown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry. I used a combination of sepia and burnt sienna on the house....sepia and ultramarine in the shadow of the roof.

      Delete
  2. I like them both for different reasons...this one for the solid design of the painting, but the other has a lyrical quality perfect for the wisteria. Love the colors in both - two different moods. Sorry I can't say I like one better than the other.

    ReplyDelete