Thursday, October 1, 2015

Beach Sketches

One day this week I headed over to Robert Moses State Park thinking it was going to be a nice beach day...wrong!!! It was super windy! I was standing at the boardwalk railing to sketch & paint the lighthouse and the wind blew my water container over onto the painting. Luckily it didn't ruin it.


I wanted to sit and read for a while so I went over by the building used by the lifeguards thinking it would block the wind. In front of it they had a special "lifeguard garden" with lots of driftwood pieces. I thought it was an interesting look.


5 comments:

  1. Windy or not.....you produced two beautiful paintings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both Joan! I really like the way you paint lighthouses. You can really feel the wind in the top painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hilda and Wendy. I had to really hold on to everything to do the lighthouse. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. clearly the wind did not deter you. Beautiful beach sketches. I feel like I'm a million miles away from the beach now. OK, not a million. Just hundreds of miles away. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. clearly the wind did not deter you. Beautiful beach sketches. I feel like I'm a million miles away from the beach now. OK, not a million. Just hundreds of miles away. :(

    ReplyDelete