Wednesday, October 14, 2015

#inktober #inktober2015 - Day 14 - Cape Cod Part 2

The local town of Bellport gets all decked out for Halloween. There are scarecrows hanging everywhere. This is my sketch for Inktober Day 14.


Back to my trip to Cape Cod. On our second day I wanted to visit the Nauset Lighthouse in Eastham. It was about a 30 minute drive from where we were staying. When I got there I realized my backpack with my art supplies was back in the room. Grrr!!!! Luckily I always keep sketching and painting materials in my car. These were done in a small moleskin.


The lighthouse was near a beach with a high eroded cliff. There was a staircase that zigged and zagged down to the beach. I climbed down and sat in the sand to sketch some of the rocks in the water.




7 comments:

  1. Oh no, you left your sketch stuff behind!? How frustrating! But you're well-prepared, like me -- I stash supplies in the car too, just in case! Nice lighthouse sketch!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, you left your sketch stuff behind!? How frustrating! But you're well-prepared, like me -- I stash supplies in the car too, just in case! Nice lighthouse sketch!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scarecrow, wonderful details! Beautiful sketches, the lighthouse is very picturesque. I like the sense of depth in your rocks. Thanks for the great tip, Joan, I need to organize a sketching box to keep in my car...I have been meaning to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scarecrow is pretty darn fabulous, Joan. Will you color it or leave it as is?
    I have a moleskin in my purse - never without it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarecrow is pretty darn fabulous, Joan. Will you color it or leave it as is?
    I have a moleskin in my purse - never without it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent job on your inktober work. Just fantastic scarecrow, lighthouse, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Tina. Luckily my car was prepared.

    Celia, thanks so much. It helps to have art supplies in various locations.

    Julie, thank you. I will probably add color. I wrote down the colors in the margins before I moved down the street to sketch another scarecrow.

    Thanks, Jo! I hope all is well down there.

    ReplyDelete