Tuesday, October 13, 2015

#inktober #inktober2015 - Day 15 & Cape Cod Part 1

I spent most of today driving home from Maine back to NY, so I didn't have time to do a plein air sketch. I did want to do something for the Inktober challenge so tonight I did a quick sketch from one of my photos that I took of the Pemaquid Lighthouse in Maine this weekend.


I'm going to backtrack a bit. Before I went up to Maine I was in Cape Cod, Massachusettes for a few days on vacation. Our first stop was Hyannis and I did a sketch of on of the fishing boats in the harbor.


The following morning after a long walk and breakfast I sat on the beach in front of our hotel and painted the dunes.


3 comments:

  1. Love your drawing and paintings of your trips - the painting of the dunes really captures that beach feel and I like how you did the fence :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that one of the dunes. So fresh and a great example of watercolor painting.. Kudos, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ann & Michele. I'm always drawn to the beach.

    ReplyDelete