Wednesday, October 21, 2015

#inktober, #inktober2015 - Day 21 & Lakeview Cemetery

Inspiration came to me when I saw this crane down at the East Islip Marina, so it became my Inktober sketch for today. I figured it would be safe and stay put, but lo and behold just as I was finishing, I heard a motor start and the entire platform moved all the way up to the dock I was sitting on. lol


There was an October challenge posted by James Gurney to "paint a graveyard" using only 3 colors plus white. Here is a link to the other paintings for the challenge if you would like to check them out.

This was painted at Lakeview Cemetery in Patchogue using only yellow ochre, ultramarine blue, burnt umber, and a little white.



8 comments:

  1. eUnusual challenge - a graveyard, but you did a lovely painting. great job on the lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eUnusual challenge - a graveyard, but you did a lovely painting. great job on the lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. Are you entering his contest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been enjoying all your Inktober sketches! And I like the graveyard - there are so many beautiful cemeteries now, more like parks, but the old timey ones with the fallen headstones and words engraved that are almost obliterated by time are always my favorites (and not just in October).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Julie. Graveyards are really interesting places to sketch and paint.

    Kate, I think anything that is posted on the FB page gets entered. Thanks.

    Rhonda, I agree. The old ones have such character to them. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you know how much I like cranes and other heavy equipment! Good job!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you know how much I like cranes and other heavy equipment! Good job!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete