Thursday, January 28, 2016

"30 Paintings in 30 Days" - Day 28 - Stargazer Lily


Today for my day 28 painting for "30 Paintings in 30 Days" I used a photo I had of a stargazer lily. I think they are beautiful but I find their fragrance is a bit overwhelming. Can you believe I only have 2 more paintings to do for the challenge? I can't.
#30paintingsin30days


The sketch below was done at the Hidden Oak Cafe at the Bayard Cutting Arboretum. The cafe is in their historic manor house. On occasion they have given artists a hard time in the past about painting in there. I did sketch inside there once before and nobody said anything then either, so I felt pretty safe. I sat myself down in a corner so I could work on my lap with the table blocking me from view. Watercolors don't make a mess anyway. lol This is 5 x 7.














5 comments:

  1. Your lily is fabulous Joan. I have one of those in my garden but usually the deer get the flowers before they bloom. Charming little sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can almost smell that stargazer! You got the inner petal pattern exactly right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning lily Joan! Both of your paintings are beautiful!
    Congratulations to your niece on her Australian citizenship! When are you coming over to visit her? (and me?:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Just thought I'd say hello. You lily is beautiful and your sketch is full of life. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete