Thursday, January 7, 2016

30 Paintings in 30 Days - Day 7 - Pink Rose

My painting for Day 7 of the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" challenge is a pink rose. It was done from a photo I took in Manhattan Beach this past summer when I was there for a wedding. The painting is 5 x 5 inches. I don't know if I would be able to keep up if I did larger paintings...maybe I'll try next year. Right now this doesn't seem so daunting.
#30paintingsin30days

Here is a link to the other paintings that are being posted today:
http://30paintingsin30days.weebly.com/blog


Here is another small painting I did before the year was over. This is a corner of a restaurant in Stony Brook with some of the Christmas decorations still around.



8 comments:

  1. Nice work for day 7 Joan! Love the Christmas painting too - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the corner restaurant with the beautiful awnings....nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing with the quality of your challenge paintings. Good for you.
    Your rose is soft and beautiful and the restaurant is fabulous.
    Only three more weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your floral paintings as always your little shops and restaurant painting are always wonderful. Happy New Year, hopefully we will be able to paint together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rose and holiday sketch are both so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rose and holiday sketch are both so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete