Monday, February 1, 2016

Art Reception and Portrait

It feels like something is missing now that the 30 Day challenge is over. lol Aside from a small sketch I didn't do much of any artwork. I am hoping to get myself to do some other artwork that I've been thinking about doing...maybe some yupo, masa, or collages. (I'm hoping that if I actually put that in print maybe I will actually do it. lol) I had an art reception yesterday. Three of my paintings were hanging in the show. Here is a photo of all the artists who participated in the Wet Paints Studio Group Art Show at the Sayville Congregational Church this past month.


On Tuesday night we had a model at Wet Paints. She posed for 2 weeks in a row, but I missed the first night. She was a very good model. I'm sorry I don't remember her name.



4 comments:

  1. Really wonderful to have your work included in a show, congrats! You did a nice job on the portrait!I love the young her overalls and hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious what masa is. Sweet portrait Joan. I need to get back to working of faces, I need lots of practice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Celia!

    Sheila, thank you. Masa paper is a soft, textured Japanese paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the show. Love all your portraits. Looking forward to the experimenting.

    ReplyDelete