Monday, May 2, 2016

Mc Sorley's Old Ale House

My second sketch last Saturday when I met the NYC Urban Sketchers was of Mc Sorley's Old Ale House. There were a lot of people out front at times. I just sketched a few. I think it is part of a bar tour so people would go in, come out, take photos, and move on to the next bar next door. Mark is sitting there on his stool sketching the same view.


I am participating in the Every Day in May challenge.  Anyone is welcome to join in. There is a Facebook group as well as a Flickr group where people post their sketches. Here are my sketches for May 1st & May 2nd.


If you are interested in participating here is the list. It is a lot of fun and there is no pressure. You can post on the Facebook page if you join or on the Flickr page.






9 comments:

  1. Love what you have done so far. Handy they give you a list. prevents the agony of wondering what on earth to sketch.
    Looking forward to seeing the next group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You went straight from Fake Journal Month to EDM!? Don't you ever sleep? LOL! Love these sketches!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your paintings Joan - good start on Everyday in May too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sketch of the bar, the brick work especially and the way you lead us into the sketch with the other sketcher. I love your first two sketches of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these sketches Joan! I especially love McSorley's pub. I started the same subject but never finished it...I might finish it now...ok someday! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie, the good thing is these are sketches that can be done quickly. :)

    Tina, I'm like you...I don't stop.

    Ann, thanks!

    Thanks, Celia. I like doing buildings that have some character.

    Hilda, you should finish it. It is such an iconic place. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to have a busy month! I like today's sketch - you did a great job on the people and the brick looks super. Great job, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see that you took my advice and used your little duck for the "toy" category. He's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great sketches! Ducky is so sweet Good to know you are in his challenge, too!

    ReplyDelete