Thursday, September 15, 2016

Last Day in Venice

Our last day in Venice finally arrived. We had a busy morning because we were checking out of our apartment and back into a hotel for the night. That involved carrying luggage down all those stairs and over two bridges. lol That is one of the disadvantages of Venice.

I did get out once we dropped off our bags at Hotel Ca'Pisani (which was wonderful on both legs of the trip). I found this little, quaint trattoria that needed to be sketched.


Later I found a spot that had lots of gondolas passing by. The only thing that kept me from painting was stopping to take videos of the singers on the gondolas. lol


In case you want the feel of the music here is a video.







4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us with you to Venice, Joan! I thoroughly enjoyed your sketches and paintings and your stories, too. Welcome back to real life! ;-)

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming along on the trip, Tina. I'm glad to share the stories as well as the sketches and paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed seeing all your posts. I couldn't do it daily but binged every few days. its been a lovely, well painted trip. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I know how busy you were. I'm glad you were able to see my posts.

    ReplyDelete