Sunday, January 1, 2017

"30 in 30" Challenge - Rory

Happy New Year!!! I hope 2017 brings you peace, joy, love, contentment, and good health. Our world still needs a lot of healing and understanding, and I hope that the art that we create will help make people feel better about their lives and the world we are living in.

Today marks Day 1 of Leslie Saeta's "30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge." This is my third time participating in this challenge. I decided to use the theme of animals since I rarely paint them. This would be the perfect time to get in a lot of practice. I sent out a call to my Facebook family and friends asking them to submit photos of animals/pets that I could use as references. Now, as you can imagine, I have many cat and dog references to paint from, and I'm hoping for some pets/animals that are a change from those too. If you have a pet photo that you would like me to use, please email me. 
This first painting was done from a photo on my niece, Caity's Facebook page that was posted right after she adopted Rory, her cat.


Here is a link to Leslie Saeta's blog where her painting and the paintings of the other participating artists can be found. https://www.saetastudio.com/30-in-30-blog There are a lot of great paintings there.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Joan! And what a great challenge you took on! Animals are really hard to capture, just like people. Looking forward to seeing all your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black diamond on the nose. I know you will do a great job with all the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sheila!

    Tina, I've only done quick sketches of animals. This should be interesting.

    Julie, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete