Friday, January 13, 2017

30 in 30 - Day 13 - Maggie (SOLD)

Here is my Day 13 painting for Leslie Saeta's "30 Paintings in 30 Days" Challenge. Maggie is the third cat that belongs to my friend, Rhea, and was painted from her photo reference. I have now painted Rhea's entire feline family. This was done with a watercolor base, watercolor pencils and black ink.

Don't forget all the other artists that are taking part in the challenge. You can view their work for today here: https://www.saetastudio.com/30-in-30-blog


I have quite a collection of pens of all sorts that I have been keeping in a regular pencil case. Of course I can never find the pen that I want and half of the time I end up dumping out all the pens and pawing through them before I find what I was looking for. So I started looking for a way to keep my pens more organized. I found this pen case on Amazon (under $10) that looked like it might work. 

This is a LIHIT LAB Pen Case that measures 4.7 x 7.9. What I like is that it has sections where I can put the pen and they actually stay there. Here are a few photos of what it looks like. Why orange? To be honest...it came in several colors and I liked the green the best, but that one ships from Japan rather than directly from Amazon. The reviews said people waited for a while for it to arrive, but the orange was available in two days with Amazon Prime. That was a no brainer. I figured the orange color would make it easy to find in my backpack or carry bag. So far so good... I will let you know the final results after I use it for a while.

(I am not getting anything from this company for this product review. I just though you might like to see a bit of how I carry my materials. )

My small palette fits in the large front pocket.

Two sides hold a lot of my pens.


The left side has small mesh pockets and the right has a mesh pocket that can hold pencils,
my water brush, and my travel brush.





6 comments:

  1. Maggie looks like she means business so all the mouse folks ought to take heed. I like your case, but oh oh, you are getting organized? Looks like you can get quite a bit in there and still see if all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I am far from organized but this may help a tiny bit. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Maggie looks like she might be stalking something. So cute. Wonderful job with her eyes. Love your orange pencil case...hmm may need to add this to a gift list for me:)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. Maggie was actually hiding behind something in the reference photo. I've been trying to decide on a way to carry the pens for a while.

      Delete
  3. That cat has attitude! What a chore it must have been to paint all the ur - well done Joan! I like the pencil/pen case and it seems perfect for you with all your travelling to do art - super find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, the watercolor pencils make a big difference in doing the fur. I want to try one using oil pastels. Hopefully the case will work out!

      Delete