Thursday, January 19, 2017

30 in 30 - Day 19 - Summer

Summer is the name of the dog I painted for Day 19 of the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" Challenge. This lovely dog belonged to my friend, Louise. Apparently Summer had a bad heart and was only with her family for 5 years. I loved her color!

Check out some of the other artists participating in the challenge here:
https://www.saetastudio.com/30-in-30-blog


This is an unusual sculpture sketched at the Queens Museum on Sunday. The sculpture was part of an exhibit about the sanitation department and was made from discarded work gloves, walkie talkies, brushes and assorted materials.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful dog!!! So sorry to hear about the heart condition and short life :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dog, she has a regal pose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet pup - nice painting Joan! What a strange sculpture. I think more and more artists are showcasing discarded items: I saw a video this morning by a Canadian artist with mermaids in an ocean of plastic bottles. They predict that there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish by 2050 if things don't change.

    ReplyDelete