Monday, February 13, 2017

Challenge Days 5 & 6 and Stony Brook House

These next two were done for the World Watercolor Group's February Challenge. They are ATC sized (2 1/2 x 3 1/2).

Day 5 - Marsh View at Captree Island.

Day 6 - a bee

I drove up to Stony Brook the other day. I painted this house once before from the other side. I liked the lighting on it and the fact that you could see the hill more on this side. This is 5 x 7.


I forgot to mention...on Saturday I successfully registered for the Urban Sketching Symposium to be held in Chicago in July. Only about 400 people are allowed to register. Saturday was the "early bird" registration and it sold out in 10 minutes. The regular registration (which has the bulk of the 400 spaces) is this coming Saturday. I'd bet it fills up just as quickly. I am excited!!! This will be my first time going.

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited that we are going to finally meet, Joan! I almost feel like I already know you after all these years of reading your blog and seeing your sketches and paintings, but it will be so wonderful to really meet you in person! Can't wait for the symposium!!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, I'm excited too!!! Meeting in person will be so much fun. We'll have to swap phone #s before we go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pieces are super especially when I consider how small they are - wow! All that detail in those small spaces! What is the Urban Sketching Symposium - sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Joan. You will have so much fun. There is much to see and sketch there. Have fun with the sketchers!!

    ReplyDelete