Friday, March 10, 2017

Fireplace Boat Basin and Long Island Snow


Now that I'm finished with the 100 People challenge, I can get back to posting some of my other work. This was painted down at the Fireplace Boat Basin in Brookhaven. In season it is filled with boats, but at this time of year there was not one boat in the water. I didn't let that stop me. Since nobody else was around I parked my car at the end of the little boardwalk going to the water by this shack. It was a good vantage point for sketching from my "mobile studio."


Today we had a snowstorm here on Long Island with about 5 inches of wet snow by me. Here are a few photos I took when I walked around my complex when the snow stopped, as well as a sketch of some of the snow on the branches of one of the trees.




This was done with my Elegant Writer which shades so nicely.


6 comments:

  1. First off, a big congratulations on completing 100 people. Nobody noticed, guess that tells us a lot doesn't it. I like the challenges too as I think it helps stretch. Liked your recap of what you got out of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nelvia. It is something that I will have to practice more often.

      Delete
  2. Hi Joan. So good to be back to checking out your blog! I love these latest little paintings. Really lovely and a freshness in style that I've missed seeing of late. I also deleted old blog and started anew. Added a new painting. First I've done in a good long while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good to see you!!! Thanks so much for stopping by. I've missed visiting you, Sherry! I'll be over for visits soon.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely little boardwalk and the old cattails are super. You must have had some wind with the snow to coat the trunks of the trees - very cool - and a super little sketch too. Have a good weekend Joan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, it was really blowing. I had gone out for a walk in the morning and looked like a snowman when I got back. Thanks.

      Delete