Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Astoria Park - Part i

The destination for the NYC Urban Sketchers this past weekend was Astoria Park. We've sketched there a few times before. At this park there are views of two bridges, lots of fun activities, and great water views. On Sunday it was the end of Ramadan and there was some sort of service in the park in the morning, so there were a lot of Muslim families enjoying the day. Rather than sketch the whole RFK Bridge (formerly the Triborough Bridge) I did a small section looking under it with a Muslim woman who was watching her kids playing on the grass nearby.


Just in case you're curious, here is a sketch I did in Oct 2013 almost in the same spot.


And another sketch done of the entire bridge last year.


2 comments:

  1. I have to say that the bridge part of your painting had me wondering - until I read the text. It must be interesting to search out new scenes when you go to a location numerous times. Well done Joan

    ReplyDelete