Friday, July 14, 2017

Update on the Bellport Gazebo and the Lifeguard

Back on the 4th of July I painted at my art group's outdoor event, "Artists on the Lane." Someone I know who is part of the Bellport Chamber of Commerce told me I should submit my painting of the Bellport Gazebo for their annual poster contest for Bellport Day. I wasn't going to do it, but she convinced me to enter. I deepened the shadows on the grass and the gazebo and entered it. Guess what...it was selected to be this year's poster! Bellport Day is July 29 and I will be out of town at the Urban Sketchers Symposium in Chicago, so I will have to make sure to sign a stack of posters before I leave and they go on sale. Woo-hoo!!! I do get some kind of prize and am invited to a chamber lobster dinner. Too bad I don't get a cut of the poster sales. Here is the updated look.


This was painted on the beach at Robert Moses the other day.


14 comments:

  1. Congrats, Joan!! Exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Joan, it is a beautiful painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is wonderful Joan!!! Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super! Congratulations Joan. The shadows really make it pop - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HUGE congratulations on the poster. I can see why they picked it. I love the people in it as well as the famous gazebo. Not everyone has that skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I was told they liked the feel to it. Most of the posters in the past have focused on views of the bay. This was a bit different.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, you just never know how you are going to be rewarded. It is all the life you have in this piece!! It shouts small town. Love how you nail d all,the chair angles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelvia, thanks so much. It is a cute, small town with a lot of charm.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! Beautiful painting and nice way to have it shown around! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete