Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Treasures from The Catbird Seat

My friend, Debi, recently relocated her shop, The Catbird Seat, to the middle of downtown Sayville. She sells work by local artists, refinished furniture, and assorted things that you fall in love with. Last Thursday was the official Grand Opening and ribbon cutting ceremony. As part of the day's celebration she asked artists to come and sketch or paint either inside or outside the shop. There were a lot of great things to sketch...and of course I couldn't make up my mind. lol I do have artwork hanging in her current show as well as a collection of matted pieces. Two of my matted pieces sold since she relocated.


8 comments:

  1. That looks like a great shop. Great sketching fun there. Hope you get to rest up now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks! It has become a favorite shop of mine.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the sales, no surprise. What a fun shop and day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan what a neat shop. This certainly would be a "hot spot" for me. Congratulations on selling two of your paintings. Hope you are having a super day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thank you. It is such a fun shop. I hope she can make a go of it in it's new location.

      Delete
  4. A super sketch of an interesting little shop. Congrats on the sales Joan - wishing you many more!

    ReplyDelete