Friday, September 29, 2017

At the Beach

On Sunday I went to Smith Point Beach. It was a perfect day even though summer was officially over. It was in the high 80s with a slight breeze and a lot of sun. The water was rough from the storms out in the Atlantic, but a lot of people had come down to the beach for the day.

Right next to me was a family and the father and daughter both were sitting with umbrellas. The daughter fixed her umbrella so she was in complete shade, but she had no view.


The father had a similar setup but his umbrella was high enough that he could still see.


Meanwhile up by the pavilion there was a music festival going on. Throughout the day there were bands constantly playing and most of them were very good. I could hear them from where I was sitting on the beach, but at one point I went up for a while to watch the band and the people. Billboard Live was performing then. Sketching them was fun. When I was finally leaving at the end of the day (the sun had just gone down) there must have been about 300 people up there listening to the music.


I called my husband at 7:00 to tell him I was just leaving the beach and his response was, "Isn't it dark there?" lol

6 comments:

  1. Wow, so great that you are still enjoying summer at the beach! Fun people sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. Fall seems to finally have arrived here the last few days.

      Delete
  2. Ah enjoying those last moments of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelvia, I'm enjoying it while I can because it will end too soon.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a great day Joan. I had to laugh about the girl with the umbrella - shade makes seeing the Iphone difficult - lol. A nice collection of sketches that help to bring us to the beach - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, thanks. The shade probably made it easier to see her phone.

      Delete