Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Beach Sketches in Ink

Well, Paint the Great South Bay is over. It really tired me out, so the other day I barely sketched. I did go to the beach at Smith Point to relax. I sketched the walkway from the parking lot to the beach itself, which goes under the road. I always thought it would make an interesting painting...maybe some day. 


When I picked my spot and set down my belongings I noticed there was a family in front of me. They had two little girls with them. One of them was sitting by herself with her had digging into a big bag of pretzels. She was so cute with her striped shorts and ruffled top, but that scrunchy sunhat was calling to be sketched. Luckily I did the sketch quickly because soon after they packed up and left. I guess the kids needed their afternoon nap.


6 comments:

  1. Can't believe Joan you were almost too tired to sketch :)! Glad to see you got busy and did some anyway. Love the little girl with her hat and striped shorts. How cute. Looks like someone was still enjoying summer. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. Yes, even I get tired of sketching especially when I go non-stop. lol

      Delete
  2. Super sketches Joan - and this when you are too tired? Wow!.I love the results you get with your pen and ink - such great shading. I agree that the path under the road will make a good painting,it certainly made a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much, Val. The ink sketches are done quickly without too much thought.

      Delete
  3. Oh boy do I lov your marks on the little girl, just great. Take a bet of a,r st, you earned it. I wasn't going to die Leslie's challenge and then Went t look and sort of got sucked in. But I am adamant I am not gong to try to do them daily, I don't want the pressure of a daily challenge. That is one reasons I admire you. But the pretty much am either going in or thinking about my art On a daily basis. At my age that has got to be enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nelvia, thanks. After the plein air event the thought of the 30 day challenge was not the least bit tempting. lol

      Delete