Friday, October 13, 2017

Inktober - Day 13 and a Zentangle

Today I headed out to the north fork of Long Island to sketch and stop at the farmstands while there is still produce available. Wowak Farms in Laurel is one of my favorite places to stop and their stall is out front of the farm right along the main road. I sat across the road in my car because the road is so busy. I've sketched it before and always buy some of their fresh veggies. Today I got broccoli, tomatoes and corn. Yum!


A week or two ago I went to another zentangle class given by an accredited Zentangle teacher. This time the instructor showed us how to shade the design to make it more three-dimensional. I swore I was going to do some more of them, but haven't done any others since. :(


7 comments:

  1. That Zentangle is popping off the page! But you already know how to do that -- you do that with all of your sketches!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Joan! You're so good with the zentangles.....the shading definitely looks three dimensional.....awesome work as well with the sketch of the farm stand. I'm almost finished with my farm stand painting as well...wonderful time of the year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hilda. I've been finding a lot of subjects. I'll be watching for your farmstand painting.

      Delete
  3. Super little sketch of the farm stand Joan. We have a lot of them here and in the fall the shapes and colours are fabulous. IGood job on the Zentangle. I tried it a few times and just never had any success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the farm. Zentangle is good. I never knew I did Zentangles, I thought I just doodled. Smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the little treat of the Zentangles, lots of super pattern and textures.

    ReplyDelete