Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Inktober - Day 3 - Andrews Farm

My plein air group was painting at Andrews Farm in Wading River today. In addition to my painting from there I made sure I got a sketch done for Inktober. I went inside the farm stand to sketch this basket of peppers. #inktober #inktober2017


On Sunday a small group of NYC Urban Sketchers and I went to Parkslope, Brooklyn. The rest of the NYC group went up to Connecticut, but we thought that was a little too far, and Brooklyn seemed to interest us more. This was where I did the first sketch for Inktober2017. Parkslope has many brownstones, that are a delight to paint. I sat directly across from this one and painted it. The owner did come out to see what I was doing and liked it. Too bad he didn't want to buy it. As you can see, Parkslope has cars parked in front of the buildings, so I had to make sure I sat with a view between two parked cars so I could paint this view.

My

8 comments:

  1. Joan, the painting of the building is so beautiful. I love the colours and the details around the windows and door. And the basket full of peppers is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan have to ask was the car blue in front of that building? Perfect compliment for this lovely painting. Your basket of peppers is amazing. Can't wait to see what you will be sketching next. Take care and have a delightful day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. LOL At first there was a black car that I sketched in, but it pulled out. Later a blue car parked in the space and I used the colors from that. Enjoy your day! It is a beautiful one here.

      Delete
  3. Great sketch of a brownstone. Makes me homesick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess painting outside comes with many problems that you have to work around - weather, cars, people etc. Nice job on both of these, Joan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Val. Yes, there are lots of things you have to work around when you are sketching or painting outdoors. Lots of times a big delivery truck comes along and blocks the whole view. lol

      Delete