Monday, November 13, 2017

Saturday - Part III

I decided to move off the risers and continue sketching from a point below. I had the option of sitting on my chair or a bench. I chose my chair thinking it would be warmer than a cold, metal bench. This time I faced the risers. Here is my sketch from there. I did eliminate about 3/4 of the people that were there, trying to find some good poses. You do see just about everything there.


One of the other sketchers took a photo of me and my friend, Pat while we were sketching. She was sketching on her iPad.


By this time, even with two pairs of fingerless gloves on, my fingers were getting too cold. I did have hand warmers with me, but was too lazy to pull them out. Then the cold started moving to the core of my body, so when the sketch was done Pat and I headed indoors. The plan was to meet inside the Marriott Marquis for drinks and a "show and tell." I had a few minutes to warm up before someone came along and said we were doing a group photo outside, so I headed out again. Here is the group...or what remained of the group and was willing to still be outside by about 4 pm.


Of course when we get together for our "show and tell" we have some time to talk and sketch each other before any sharing gets done. I sketched my friends across the table from me.


We were sitting at tables with a view of Times Square outside the floor to ceiling windows. I think in total we had about 35 people participate at some time during the day, although some didn't stay the entire time. For a freezing cold day I think that was a great turnout. I think 26 of us made it back to the Marriott Marquis for the "show and tell."



I hope you enjoyed seeing a bit of my Saturday!





6 comments:

  1. Congrats on sticking out the cold! We had drizzle, but at least it wasn't too cold.

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some very hardy sketching in the cold. Looks like a good event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiring group to sketch in the cold! You look like you are well prepared with your gear but still hard to put up with sitting still. Great job on all of your sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fabulous,dedicated group! Thanks for sharing Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this mini - series of painting of painting in Times Square.
    Not only talented but a group of hardy folk too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You all have stamina! Great sketches, too. We all complain about going out in 60 degree weather. Ha.

    ReplyDelete