Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Celebrating in NYC

Last Thursday was my birthday and my husband and I spent it in NYC. We got into the city about noon. He went off to do a few things and I went off to sketch. The plan was to meet for an early dinner at this Italian restaurant, Carmines, that I love, go out for drinks, and then we had tickets to see the Broadway show, "Beautiful."

I have always loved these red ornaments that are on the street diagonally across from Radio City Music Hall. I sat on my stool and by the time I finished I was frozen.


I decided to head to St Patrick's Cathedral on 5th Avenue to warm up. It is a beautiful church and I love to walk around there. On my way to my favorite chapel in the back of the church I passed the Nativity set. All the statues seemed like a bit much so I kept walking but when I got to the side I noticed that the camel could be done on its own. I liked that I could also incorporate some people looking at the Nativity and the lady lighting the candle.


I have to say that I turned out to be a wonderful birthday with many of the things I love, as well as the person I love.

6 comments:

  1. Happy to see you had such a great birthday celebration doing all the things you love! That sketch with the red balls is really delightful and so festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, thanks. I spent my day the best way possible.

      Delete
  2. I have mentioned that I love getting to tour NYC and now I get to see the Christmas decorations as well. That nativity scene must be something and the red balls are so special. Thanks, Joan. You inspire my holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a great day and managed to get some great sketches too. Happy bleated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete