Saturday, December 2, 2017

NY Public Library & Bryant Park

Last weekend the NYC Urban Sketchers met at the NY Public Library on 42nd St and Fifth Ave.
This was sketched in the Rose Reading Room on the 3rd floor. I hope I didn't miss any books. lol That's one of our sketchers, Louis at the table.


Next I headed outside, hoping that it was warm enough to sit and sketch by the skating rink.  I used artistic license to eliminate about 200 people from this sketch. 


Bryant Park has a wonderful Holiday Market at this time of year with small booths filled with wonderful vendors. I stood up on an elevated section so I could draw the booth as well as some of the crowd.



10 comments:

  1. These sketches are amazing. The library is super. I love how you just wiped out 200 people. Nice job! Smiling. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, thanks so much. I had fun sketching in the city that day!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE THAT LIBRARY - what a wonderful sketch you did. The books are great! I lol at your removal of 200 people.
    The skating rink brings back happy memories too. You are so good at capturing a place and time...like finding an elevated position to get what you wanted to sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily we have so many different places that are so easily recognized and remembered by people everywhere. Glad you enjoyed seeing these, Julie!

      Delete
  3. Holy cow, that's a lot of books! ;-)

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my the patient to do all the book!!! These are so good, love the skaters too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The library pai9nting made my jaw drop - fantastic!
    I like the skating piece too and the market - such a busy girly!

    ReplyDelete