Thursday, December 14, 2017

PALS Exhibit and Sale

This past weekend, the PALS Plein Air Limner Society had our 8th annual show in Sayville. On the walls were paintings from all of our locations this year...some done en plein air and some in the studio. It is always a fun show and in addition to the paintings we bring matted pieces and any other art related items we want to sell. I brought some of my alcohol ink tiles, some alcohol ink ornaments, matted pieces, books, and greeting cards.

For some reason I hadn't taken any photos of the ornaments and by the time I thought of it there were only a few left. They sold really well.


Here is the showcase that contained the ornaments and some of my tiles in addition to work by other artists.


Here are the paintings that were hung in the show.


The bottom left painting was mine and is part of the PALS on the Road display. I painted it in Maine.







The center painting with the orange umbrella is mine.

I painted the dahlia on the bottom left.


The sunflower field on the bottom left is one of my paintings.








Here is the showcase that contained the ornaments and some of my tiles in addition to work by other artists.


Each year we have a "People's Choice" award. This year Donna Howard won for her painting of the dahlia garden below.


I think the show gets better each year.

6 comments:

  1. The ornaments are lovely! And of course your paintings! Hope you all sell a ton of stuff!

    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great show! I love your umbrella painting! All are so good. Applause!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a great venue with lots of room for lots of art. I hope it went well and that everyone sold something. A very nice way to showcase your group's wokr and to encourage people to buy art for gifts. Thanks for sharing Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful show. The ornaments are so cool, no wonder they almost all sold immediately, I am sure. Like the way everything is grouped so well. Just a super organization and sure they push and inspire you.

    ReplyDelete