Thursday, December 21, 2017

Tree Lot #1

I've been looking for tree lots to sketch and found this one in Medford. For those who don't know that round instrument of torture is something they pull the Christmas tree through and it puts a netting around the tree sort of scrunching the branches together to make it easier to take the tree home.


I am presently visiting family in Maine for Christmas. We drove up today ahead of the expected storm which should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too bad and I'll get to do some snow sketches. 

4 comments:

  1. This is fun. Good idea for wrapping the trees.
    Have a good time in Maine! Merry Christmas from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo. Merry Christmas from up north...where it is snowing right now.

      Delete
  2. Lovely sketch Joan. I have noticed the last few years that the trees in our lots are already bound ready for transport and I have to wonder - how can you tell if you will like the tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, I would think it would be hard to pick out a tree if it was already wrapped up. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete