Monday, April 2, 2018

Water and Skyscapes

I trust that everyone who was celebrating had a wonderful holiday weekend. I was lucky enough to spend one day with friends celebrating Passover and then spend a day with my husband's family yesterday to celebrate Easter.

I am still catching up on posting some previous work. One day we had showers, snowshowers, and  then just cloudy skies. I headed down to the Smith Point Marina and painted two views over the water. For each I faced in a slightly different direction.


This one below was painted looking across the bay to Fire Island.


6 comments:

  1. You captured the mood very well. I like the way you paint the clouds in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joan - these sketches show how dark and cold it can look in the midst of waiting for warmer days. Hope your Easter was wonderful. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Debbie. I had a great Easter and am not waiting for spring to arrive.

      Delete
  3. Nice moody sketches Joan - a great job on the skies! When we have cloudy skies I always study them to figure out how I would paint them - they are less depressing that way - lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind skies with dark clouds...it is the gray ugly skies with no variety that bother me. Thanks.

      Delete